Saturday, September 3, 2011

tried a new miner (cgminer) one word to describe, WOW!

Today, I tried another miner, I liked the phoenix-miner, but this miner is way better!  This miner test different algorithms to see which is better for your hardware, the miner supports multiple card (in the same instance!) is able to wake up an hanged thread, uses multi pool ( round robin, %, fail over ) ...  the only thing I can say is WOW!  The software is written in C and asm and does not need python-pyopencl ! Good new!

The miner is built from the same guy that did the linux scheduler.  cgminer is my new main miner!

Today, following an ubuntu update, one of my mining rig died (xorg hanged 10 times) I will do some manipulation tomorrow to correct this.  I don't know if I will have to reinstall ubuntu (probably not but I don't know!)  Keep that in mind if you plan to start mining...  You will encounter bugs, and each bugs mean downtime and less bitcoin in your wallet!

Tomorrow I will write a small tutorial to install cgminer from the git directory.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment